Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Monday, July 24, 2006

    Back in action

    I've spent last few months between holidays, teaching, flying and a combination of all three above. Rather busy and exciting times, and the QA-IQ merger put another layer of travel, presentations and meetings to this all.


    Well, it looks like it's back to 'normal', whatever this may mean ;-)) - so back to Linux'ing, etc.


    I've now moved to Linux almost entirely. The HP/XP laptop is now sitting on my desk at home most of the time, and is acting as a backup machine mostly. My old faithful VAIO V550 is back in action, with SuSE10 final beta.


    I'm so impressed with it, that (backed up by the expressed needs of the public sector customers that IQ brought into the equation) I decided that for the first time Linux *IS* ready for the desktop, and consequently we need a Linux Desktop end user training. In the good QA tradition, will try to make it vendor (distributor in this case) independent, but will probably base it round Fedora 5 and Suse 10 installations.

    1 comment:

    Steve Hurcombe said...

    Hi Alina, how are things? Steve.

    Blog Archive