Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Thursday, May 05, 2005

    Good for you, Amazon

    Bought a book on Solaris 10 on the Amazon. Needed it, because I wanted to see the formal take on all these new features. Guess what! None of them covered. A blatant example of the reference book released with just a name change. There are some references to Solaris 10, but the description of the book is basically a totally wrong !

    For the first time ever, I have left a review. I then decided to also write to Amazon directly, to ask if and what control they have over these kind of issues, since - to my mind, this infringes trade description act.

    Well, got an e-mail from Amazon, less than 24 hours later, to say that they will take the book off.

    I'm well impressed!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    excellent response from amazon.

    let us know when you find a good book on solaris 10...

    Blog Archive