Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Saturday, April 02, 2005

    Give me speed!!

    Started the download of Solaris 10. Had to register first - fairly painless, with less information requested of me than I expected. The licence arrived by e-mail promptly, and the download of 4 CDs was started. I could do with a lot faster connection though. We do have broadband, but because we are within only just acceptable distance from the exchange, the speed is awful!
    Anyway, it took 1hr20min for CD1 (318MB). And it is the smallest iso out of the 4!
    Good job Lima November is going its annual CofA service, so no flying today.
    Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I will have all the software ready for playing.

    No comments:

    Blog Archive